Hi babes, I'm writing this little post (my first in a while) while on my way to SouCycle. It's been a tough couple of weeks with work and my personal/blogging life has been literally non-existent. BUT, I'm back and there's nothing better to kick your butt into high gear like cycle, smoothies + memorial day weekend. honestly, though.
w h a t t o d o
- Attend the Memorial Day Parade downtown on Saturday. But watch out for the massive street closures. [Downtown]
- Memorial Day Brunch at El Centro. [14th Street location is best]
- Kick off the summer (and more rain) at Hawthorne on Sunday-Monday. [U Street]
- If you happen to have 1920s garb just lying around, snag a ticket to the Great Gatsby lawn party happening Saturday. [National Cathedral]
- Fifth Harmony is performing at Wolf Trap (?!) on Saturday. [Vienna, VA]
- Jack Rose is officiallllly launching their Game of Thrones themed ale this weekend. [Dupont]
- The Memorial Day Concert on Sunday has tons of locations to watch + related, fun activities. [Downtown]
- With the day off on Monday, indulge yourself at an all-day cookout at Big Chief. [Ivy City]
- Sunday evening, check out the Pink & White Party at the W Hotel. [Downtown]
b l o g g e r s
I did not put together a list of Memorial Day Sales at all, but a bunch of bloggers did! So check them out and shop 'til you drop
- District Sparkle is all about the Madewell, Loft + BaubleBar sales.
- Southern Curls + Pearls has a giant list of sales, but loves J.Crew.
- A Sparkle Factor is clearly pushing all of the blues + ruffles for summer (rockin' it, girl).
- Sequins + Stripes has some amazing one-shoulder dress finds.
- Thrifts + Threads has less sales and more MDW survival pieces.
- StyleWise looks at the ethical sales this weekend.
i n t h e k n o w
- Starbucks has finally learned how to actually make iced coffee: WITH COFFEE ICE. [DCist]
- Washingtonians are more likely to search for a shrugging gif than other U.S. cities. [DCist]
- Check out all of the semifinalists in Eater's Young Guns contest - a search for the best talent in the food + drink biz. [Eater]
- Check out this hilarious explanation of the Comey firing situations. [Washington Post]
- President Trump straight-up PUSHED a prime minister out of the way. And I'm horrified to even be typing this. [CNN]
- But Pope Francis put Donald back in place + gifted him his 2015 letter on climate change. I wish I was that savage. [Reuters]
- According to SCIENCE, this is how to feel less stressed. Hint: Laughing helps. [Greatist]
l o n g f o r m
- Published in 2012, but still relevant AF: A long profile on Mark Zuckerberg having to, you know, be an adult + a CEO. [NYMag]
- The world of indoor farming and the startup behind its business model, Plenty. [Fast Company]