w h a t t o d o
- Hit up The Wharf's Pumpkin-palooza.
- BlueJacket is celebrating their 4th birthday.
- Take a fall foliage stroll through Rock Creek Park.
- Yoga at the Biergarten.
- Check out DC's brand new shop: Shop Made In DC.
- Go for a run with LuLuLemon for The Ghost Race all weekend.
- The Evening Star Cafe is throwing a block party.
- Hank's Oyster Bar is going to glow in the dark allllll weekend.
- Old City Farm & Guild is having their annual Fall Festival.
- The Air & Space Museum is hosting a fun FREE Halloween event.
b l o g g e r s c e n e
- Alexandra shared an incredible, vegan, choc chip cookie recipe.
- A look at the growing trend of "made for instagram" art.
- Super relatable — an LA blogger went to the Museum of Death and ended up in an existential crisis.
- The next chapter for The District Sparkle? A little less District.
- Julien talks about her nespresso machine (and tbh, I really want one now)
- Roxanne (Glass of Glam) did a BIG move to Chicago.
- Rachel shares her amazing recipe for Cauliflower Steaks.
t h i s a n d t h a t s
- Obsessing over these PERFECT twinkle lights for our apartment.
- This perfect little Anthro mug is on sale for $10.
- I just ordered another shipment of individual sriracha packets.
- And now that it's fiiiiinally getting cold around here, I'm stocking up on beanies like this TopShop one.
- The chunky. twisted gray sweater that EVERYONE will want to wear come winter.
PSSST: My picks for all of this weekend's sales:
I C Y M I// w h a ti ' mr e a d i n g
- This really interesting and inspirational story about a Washingtonian that collapsed at a 10K — when she was in the best shape of her life.
- This INSANE (but true) story about the politics and lawsuits within the mattress blogger business. Yes, I'm serious.
- A look inside DC's first AR Arcade/Bar.
- You can now pay with Venmo at a ton of retailers.
- This Refinery29 staffer takes us on a tour of her studio.
- DC is apparently one of the best vegan cities in the country.
- An inside look of what really happens when Amazon comes to town.
- Apparently Kiwis are taking their "Bird of the Year" contest wayyyy too seriously.
- If this is not the most ridiculous, instagram thing to have ever happened, I don't know what is.
- Alphabet's plans for Toronto have me* s e r i o u s l y * looking at apartments in Distillery District.