w e e k e n d t h i n g s
babes — we made it. Labor Day Weekend. And it's here whether you're mourning the end of summer or welcoming the endless PSLs and, like, fall. I'm staying local, hitting up DC VegFest at the Yards, attempting to organize our new apartment, wedding planning and a g g r e s s i v e l y searching for the perfect removable wallpaper to spruce up our currently empty walls.
In the wake of everything that's happened in Texas, this weekends' round-up is prefaced by a list of places to donate/help.
xx phoebe // honestly, though
- Palm Bffs is raising money on behalf of their influencer collective. [here]
- DC Food + Beverage is raising money for the Red Cross via CrowdRise.
w h a t t o d o
- I'll be riding a ton at Zengo to off-set the crazy amount of food I'll be consuming at Saturday's DCVegFest.
- Oh, and literally across the street is DC's "Drink the World" beer festival.
- On Sunday, Syria is taking over downtown for the first-ever Syria Fest.
- In case you need more food, there's the Middle Eastern Food Festival all weekend.
- And don't forget to check out the Hive installation at the National Building Museum.
- But if you're more into staying indoors and reading — check out the National Book Festival.
- Plus there's a Caribbean festival on Monday.
b l o g g e r s c e n e
- Super cutie + healthy food blogger @HealthyInRealLife shares what she eats in a day.
- Julien talks about (and falls in love with) LED Treatments from Dr. Dennis Gross.
- Lauryn (The Skinny Confidential) straight-up left for France for a month.
- Meaghan majorly opens up — about skin cancer.
- Foodie and wellness warrior extraordinaire, Alexandra, talks tomato recipes to take you into the fall.
t h i s a n d t h a t s
- I'm so in love with this Vince Camuto [office appropriate] jumpsuit that I already shared it with like 10 people. Plus it's on sale for less than $90.
- And this knit blazer is so perf for transitioning to fall.
- I'm way more into this mesh top than I thought I'd be.
- Preeeeeetty sure this is about to become my go-to blazer for the office.
- Also just got these in the mail — hot sauce fiends should click.
i n t h e k n o w
- What's your fave way to clapback in a "profesh" way? [Refinery29]
- This Buzzfeed comic designer is living in a haunting straight out of your nightmares. If you have 10 minutes to fall down the rabbit hole, you won't sleep tonight. [KIISFM]
- The Newseum might sell their building [DCist]
- An interesting look into how the "instagram scope" of eating is skewed. [Greatist]
- Nats pitcher Max Scherzer and his wife are covering the adoption costs for animals at the Humane Rescue Alliance this weekend. [Washingtonian]
- Barely over Harvey, and there's another hurricane on its way. [Washington Post]
- China and India are pissed at each other. What you should know. [Buzzfeed]