what to do
- For the cider lovers: Rock the Core Cider Festival on Saturday. (use code: CIDER15 for $15 off)
- For the alcoholics: M Street Halloween Bar Crawl.
- For the clubbers: All-night party at Black Cat.
- For the Navy Yard dwellers: Side Yards at the Navy Yard.
- For the foodies: endless drinks and tapas at Estadio.
- For those that like to be scared: Shocktober in Leesburg.
- For the instagram lovers: Pub Dread.
- For the child-towing: 21st Annual Halloween Parade in Del Ray
- Megan talks about NBR hair extensions.
- Julien on the original jeans and tee combo.
- Chris and Jasmine made these drool-worthy vegan sushi rolls.
- Meg Biram talks about Nest & spying on her dog.
- Molly talks LA stripes.
this and thats
- My favorite new double-duty contour/concealer from Tarte.
- A basic fall shirtdress from Madewell.
- The best utility vest for the fall (and under $30!)
- A gorgeous copper basket from Williams & Sonoma.
- These perfectly simple black picture frames for a minimal gallery wall.
- Three apothecary jars for all of your bathroom needs.
icymi - what i'm reading
- Bill Murray casually was at Le Diplomate on Wednesday and took hilarious photos with the kitchen staff.
- NPR Staff are asking citizen journos to check out the thousands of files on the JFK Assassination that were released.
- The Impossible Burger FINALLY made its way to Washington, D.C.
- The tragic story (and v long read) about the body parts black market.
- Design and journalism nerds — RIP the Virginian-Pilot Front Pages.
- Is the era of startups over?
- The original GirlBoss on writing her own success story.