things to do
- For the foodies: Make sure you're going to Union Market for The Emporiyum — an all-week, all-food event that you're be silly to miss. Use code HONESTLYTHOUGH for 20% off your tix.
- For the crafty: Head to Nationals Park for the annual "crafty bastards" craft festival.
- For the comedians: The Upright Citizens Brigade is coming to Sixth&i this Sunday.
- For the cultured instagrammers: A "Best of" #IGDC Exhibit is opening up downtown on Sunday.
- For the early risers: Head out to the mall before 9 a.m. tomorrow for Daybreaker's annual "Catharsis" with yoga and dancing.
- For the winter sports fanatics: The REI DC flagship is throwing a huge 80's-inspired pre-snow bash. Come in your neon snowsuit.
- For the friend that wants to sit outside even though the squad is freezing: Check out one of these hot spots for people watching in the snow.
- For the Northern Virginia folk: Check out Old Town Alexandria's Uptown Block Party and shop til you drop.
- Roxanne talks fall denim trends.
- Nicole (of The District Darlings) rebranded as The Narrative of Nic.
- Dani continues to be the it-girl with Ellos USA.
- Meaghan talks hotels & union market.
this and thats
- Totally hooked on these sriracha rice chips.
- West Elm has a HUGE sale going on — this weekend only.
- Use the code HAPPY for an extra 40% off everything at LOFT.
- Loving this cutout shirt from AEO.
ICYMI - things to read
- A (honestly, though) fascinating look into why we often promote overly confident, incompetent people to leadership positions in the workplace. [Harvard Business Review]
- I've always supported TheSkimm and believed in what they were doing, but after this, I'm feeling wary of supporting them again. [Jezebel]
- ASMR freaks me out. So I started reading about why people are so hooked. [The Guardian]