what to do (washingtonian's only)
- FOR THE YOGIS: Flow a little then nosh a little
- FOR THE FOODIES: Check out the new Israeli restaurant that opened in Cleveland Park.
- FOR THE FOODIES: Check out the new Polynesian taco place that opened downtown.
- FOR THE SUBURBIA DWELLERS: Swing by One Loudoun's EatLoco Fest.
- FOR THE ENVIRONMENTALISTS: The Environmental Film Festival is back — and I'm so exited.
- FOR THE FOREVER STUDENTS: Dabble into HTML & CSS with this free class.
- FOR THE SPIN ADDICTS: If you haven't tried out Vortex Cycle, they have s new special to get 2 weeks of unlimited classes.
this and thats
- A friend invented a 4-piece phone case set to keep you prepped for every situation life throws at you.
- The wire baskets I've filled our apartment with (less than $25!).
- A cheap bikini from Amazon that actually fits perfectly.
- BYT is always throwing cool events — like this Space Party.
- Also don't know how I feel about this collab from Glossier.
- If you don't already have Matt & Nat in your life, you're missing out.
what I'm reading
- This incredible Twitter thread explaining what it's like to labelled as "cute," "really nice," etc as a woman — and then say no to someone.
- A commentary on print news — and what it means to still only get print.
- The history of leopard print an why it's actually a neutral (thanks DCStyleFactory for posting about this!)
- Meet all of the RAMMY's finalists.
- An explainer on furries from Vox that I had to look up after Cosmo posted this photo essay.
- This beautiful perspective on midwives, and the authors assertion that it shouldn't fade away.