This weekend's guide features yet ANOTHER wedding photo since I have almost 1000 of them, and have no intention on not sharing them.
~ what to do (washingtonian's only) ~
- FOR THE LGBTQ+ & ALLIES ALIKE: The Capital Pride Parade is BACK this weekend.
- FOR THE LGBTQ+ & ALLIES ALIKE: The big Brightest Young Things kickoff party for Pride Weekend has everything from dancing to major concerts. All proceeds benefit Capital Pride.
- FOR THE ROSE LOVERS: Rose all day on National Rose day! Head on over to the “Alice in Wonderland"-themed “Rosé Garden” at Union Market’s outdoor Suburbia trailer, with special frosé (frozen rosé) cocktails, five-glass rosé flights (served in inflatable flamingos) for $20, and Instagram opportunities with the Queen of Hearts from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Your feed needs this. Seriously.
- FOR THE ROSE & BASEBALL LOVERS: If you want to celebrate but don’t want to miss the Nats game, you’re in luck, the Rosé All Gameday promotion, which begins before the noon game includes a ticket, a can of Sofia Rosé, a pair of “rosé-colored sunglasses” and access to a pop-up “Rosé Garden” selling rosé and frosé by the glass.
- FOR THE FEMINISTS: What would you say to women of future generations? Join the project at the Hirshhorn this weekend.
- FOR THE ENVIRONMENTALISTS: March for the Ocean this Saturday on the National Mall.
- FOR THE NATURE LOVERS: The Potomac Bonsai Association Summer Bonsai Festival will take place this weekend at the US National Arboretum. The festival is free to attend!
- FOR THE BOOKWORMS: Lauren Weisberger, author of the novel The Devil Wears Prada, will host a yoga session, book signing, and boozy brunch at Bethesda Row this Saturday to celebrate her newest book, When Life Gives You Lululemons. The event will start with an hour-long outdoor yoga class.
- Find new reading material at Books in Bloom, a daylong festival featuring readings, panel discussions, children’s activities, and a pop-up bookstore by Politics & Prose. The author lineup includes a former White House photographer, a National Book Award finalist, a USA Today reporter, and a James Beard Award-winning chef.
- FOR THE FIT GALS: MINT Gym and Studio is hosting a free MINTFuze class at Meridian Hill Park Saturday morning featuring the gym’s Power Playground class, a balance of strength and cardio exercises. Free to attend if you register ahead of time.
- Oh & FOR THE CRAZY FIT GALS: Join The Four Seasons Hotel for Global Wellness Day starting with a 5K run by the monuments. More activities will be led including yoga, dance, a panel discussion on wellness, and a lecture on meditation.
- FOR OPRAH’S BIGGEST FANS (AKA EVERYONE): ‘Watching Oprah: The Oprah Winfrey Show and American Culture’ and then check out the new exhibit at the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- FOR THE FOODIES: Sample honey wine from Charm City Meadworks at LIL’B COFFEE & EATERY with Chef David Guas and the owner of Charm City at their “Mead & Greet” Happy Hour with free mead tastings on the patio.
- FOR THE DARTY DIE-HARDS: Rosebar is hosting an all day party at their lounge in DuPont Circle. Then check out the Ozio Rooftop for more places to pop bottles this weekend.
~ this and thats ~
- ICYMI: Part One of my series ALL ABOUT the wedding and honeymoon is live.
- A HUGE congrats to Justin of DCFoodPorn for being named the best local social media account by Washingtonian.
- The bag that EVERYONE and their mother has this summer.
- Been wearing this monstera leaf necklace NON-STOP (and it was less than $20).
- I was in this crowd last night with Maxim, and I hope you were too, DC. #ALLCAPS
- This crazy inexpensive tropical dress has been my go-to from the minute the temps turned up.
~ what I'm reading ~
- Someone give Hannah Hart & the social media team at Glad a raise for this amazing video.
- This chilling response to Anthony Bourdain's death from Bon Appétit magazine.
- Once you're done, read the piece that put him on the map.
- An amazing post all about women's empowerment and BodyRenn from love #bossbabe, Alysse.
- All the ways we're recycling incorrectly.
- This hilarious profile of the guy running @basicbitch instagram account (actually LOL).