weekend guide for january 26-28
what to do (washingtonian's only)
- FOR THE BLOGGERS: Come meet other local bloggers and women entrepreneurs at Blonde In The District's monthly Bubbles & Bloggers.
- FOR THE CLASSY COUPLE: Check out the giant igloos perfect for a date night, complete with chocolate and wine.
- FOR THE POLITICS BUFFS: Former mayor of Philadelphia (and now author) comes to Politics & Prose to talk about the "best job in the world"
- FOR THE LADIES AND BADASSES: REST UP! Because next weekend is Bossed Up Bootcamp and I expect to see you! (code: PHOEBE = 20% off)
- FOR THE SPEED DEMONS: Check out the Washington Auto Show downtown (it's only here until February 4!)
- FOR THE PHILANTHROPIST: Dance the night away to benefit Children's at Dock5 this Saturday.
what I'm reading
- President Obama OFFICIATED a wedding last weekend and I'm so jealous. [washingtonian]
- And the Trump Administration was sent a gold toilet 😂 [washington post]
- An open letter to the Gmail team about the "promo" folder [blogger]
- Looooong form investigation into social media leaders (like the CEO of Twitter, etc) and what their presence on social media tells us. [guardian]
- FemTech is on the rise — and this AI-enabled tampon delivery service is looking to be the next big thing. [venturebeat]
- Actually laughed when this popped into my Twitter feed— but I stayed for content. AmazonGo is a-go. [AP]
- Will Snapchat win with publishers after The Big Facebook Change? [Digiday]
- [WATCH] Quiz Daddy FINALLLLLLLY did that interview we've all been waiting for. [adWeek via facebook live]
this and thats
- Absolutely everyone has been asking me about a certain face mask I used on my instastories this week. And this is the ice roller.
- The dog I was babysitting all week? His name is Archer and of course I made him an instagram.
- I admitted to you all that I'd choose a moto jacket and jeans over fast fashion EVERY DAY of the week.
- Riley from MakeThingsCo is an incredible watercolor artist — so asked her to create a map of Key West for our wedding.
- In a wave of self-organization, I've ordered a whole mess (lol) of wire baskets from Target. Anyone else into wire everything right now?
- At night, I'm (attempting) to make my way through The Power.
- But for right now? I'm sipping coffee and testing out NutPods.