what to do (washingtonian's only)
- FOR THE WELLNESS WARRIORS: Go check out Jrink's newest location in Eastern Market. (see above)
- FOR THE ARTSY: Join in on Elvis' birthday fight club.
- FOR THE INSTAGRAMMER: Check out the Nutcracker at Artechouse.
- FOR THE MUSIC LOVERS: Benefit Bread For The City at 9:30 club's charity concert.
- FOR THE ADVENTUROUS: Leave the pants at home for the annual No Pants Metro Ride.
- FOR THE SPIN ENTHUSIASTS: Zengo Cycle's Eddie is teaching a charity ride on Sunday for Fisher House Foundation.
- FOR THE ANIMAL LOVERS: Celebrate the Humane League at their annual For The Animals Gala.
- FOR THE COMEDIANS: Chris Rock is at DAR Constitution Hall this weekend.
this and thats
- I just bought a new piece for my Madewell jewelry collection.
- As a part of the new year, I'm trying out all the DC-area spin studios.
- Express is having a 70% off sale — so you can stock up on the coziest sweaters (like my all-time fave). As is Net-A-Porter.
- Oh, and West Elm is having an insane sale right now & use code SCORE for free shipping. You're welcome.
- Finally invested in one of those cute lettering boards.
- If you're hungry, check out my cookie recipe (that conveniently goes great with beer).
what I'm reading
- Sticky Fingers and Fare Well founder, Doron Petersen, after 20 years.
- A look inside the people behind airline's twitter accounts.
- Commentary on how 2017 (and tbh, now 2018) became the year of self-care.
- An explainer on Bitcoin since I still don't understand it. Or, if you haven't had coffee yet. here's one writer's "explanation for 5-year-olds."
- The memoir of Ben Bradlee, inspirational & famous WashPo editor-in-chief that pulled the paper into it's current glory.
- Girl's Night In's feature in VOGUE. Get it, Alisha!
- The non-profit installing vending machines for the homeless.
- A (super) long read about the men that explored the South Pole at the turn of the century — while living off of whiskey and cocaine.