weekend guide for january 12-15
what to do (washingtonian's only)
- FOR THE WELLNESS WARRIORS:
- FOR THOSE THAT JUST WANT TO STAY IN: Check out this weekly newsletter for a Girl's Night In.
- FOR THE THEATRE LOVERS: Check out all of the incredible plays being put on as a part of the Women's Voice Theater Festival.
- FOR THE FAMILIES IN THE SUBURBS: Leesburg is holding it's 5th annual ice carving competition at The Village.
- FOR THE DC LOCALS: There's a MLK Peace Walk and Parade in Anacostia with Mayor Bowser.
- FOR THE COMICON FANS: There's a DC Comics convention going on all weekend at the Newseum.
- FOR THE POETS: There's a tribute to the late DC poet laureate, Dolores Kendrick, at the OG Busboys and Poets.
- FOR THE BEER LOVERS: Get tipsy at U Street's Hip Hop Bar Crawl.
- FOR THE ART LOVERS: Check out the new exhibit, Uncanny Fantastic.
- FOR THE VEGANS: Dorjee Momo is doing an ALL-VEGAN dinner on Sunday.
- FOR THE NEWLY ENGAGED: Check out the wedding experience to meet vendors, planners and try on dresses.
what I'm reading
- Updates from CES — especially from this HubSpot Data Nerd.
- New and improved avocado toast and where to find it.
- DC is getting another vegan restaurant — on H St — and I couldn't be more excited.
- Kodak (yes, the old school camera company) is officially in the cryptocurrency business. And you're going to want to know why.
- The badass investigative journo behind the entire Harvey Weinstein scandal reflects on life, reporting and what needs to change.
- Dive into this long form piece on Emily Weiss (aka the gal behind Glossier) and her rise to perfect skin stardom.
this and thats
- I just bought a new piece for my Madewell jewelry collection.
- Maxim and I FINALLY got a table for our studio apartment — yay for not always eating on the couch!
- Preeeeeetty sure I'll be making this hummus pasta recipe over the weekend.
- Anderson Cooper shows more compassion and leadership in this one clip than I think Donald Trump ever will.
- Dr. Dennis Gross just came out with this under eye cream that is SO worth the splurge.