weekend guide for February 9-11
Happy weekend! My week has been pretty mellow, but this weekend is jam-packed for me — I have a baby shower for a friend, several restaurant tastings, a secret project to work on and I have to pack for a week in LA! In this edition of my weekend guide, find a great study on gestures vs. voice AI, a new podcast and — oh yeah! — my feature in Teen Vogue!
what to do (washingtonian's only)
- FOR THE CHOCOHOLICS: A truffle making workshop at The Watergate Hotel.
- FOR THE...POSSIBLY LOVESICK: Run a mile in your undies through Washington, D.C.
- FOR THE SNL FANS: Sasheet Zamata is coming to Drafthouse Comedy on Friday.
- FOR THE PASTA LOVERS: Centrolina is doing a pasta cooking class (OH, and my straight-up spirit animal only ate pasta for a week and wrote about it).
- FOR THE #MADEINDC SUPPORTERS: Union Kitchen Alum Lao Ban is having their first dumpling brunch THIS Sunday in Dupont Circle.
- FOR THE COMPETITIVE & PATRIOTIC: Watch the Winter Games at Wunder Garten (or any of these places downtown).
- FOR THE ONES THAT WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT: Check out the hidden gems of Washington D.C.
this and thats
- Maxim and I are trying out Felix Gray glasses to help with digital eye strain — review coming!
- I'm on a wire basket kick right now and have been organizing our apartment with these.
- Added this book on curating to my Amazon cart.
- This is the grossest and also most weirdly satisfying toy I've ever seen.
- My exact thoughts on the new Snapchat update. #RIP
- My new favorite K-Beauty toner — with ginseng.
- & I have been spending an *ungodly* amount of time falling in love with the Instagram account for The Kangaroo Sanctuary.
what I'm reading
- Everything that happened at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony.
- The insights that apparently there's a problem with people cuddling too many chickens...?
- Months after hurricanes tore through paradise, a heartbreaking story of reality in the Virgin Islands.
- Watch Katie Couric "skimm" the history of the Olympics for you. [Fun fact! From grades 3-6, when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said Katie Couric. I was her biggest fan girl.]
- An old article from Bon Appetite about soy — because the battle over whether it's good or not never ends.
- A look into the life of a "low-tech"-er (aka someone without a smartphone).
- If you're feeling morbid, a look into a nuclear war with North Korea.