In the spirit of the holidays and holiday cooking, I partnered with Devils Backbone Brewing Company to come up with the perfect cookie recipe to pair with a beer (aka the perfect present for your dad or boyfriend).
Honestly, though, I did not know how this recipe would turn out. But when I took my first bite, I realized I had stumbled on something amazing. I based the recipe off of one from Thug Kitchen, but tweaked it for my liking.
If you're big on bananas and chocolate chips and gooey cookies, but low-key not about long recipes, then sink your teeth into this.
THE BEST HOLIDAY COOKIE TO PAIR WITH BEER
** adapted from Thug Kitchen's chocolate chip and almond butter cookies recipe **
ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies
- 1.5 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2-3 heaping splashes of almond milk
- 1-2 bananas (very ripe and mashed into large chunks)
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- A couple HUGE handfuls of chocolate chips
- COMBINE your dry ingredients in a separate bowl — flour, baking soda, baking powder.
- IN ANOTHER BOWL, mix the sugars together. Then add the almond butter and mix.
- Add in the flour and everything else — like I said this recipe is mad simple.
- Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Stick in freezer for 5ish minutes.
- WHILE DOUGH IS GETTING READY FOR COOKIE MAKING:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Making lil' balls of dough and place on the sheet. Press down lightly to make a lil' cookie shape.
- Bake these beautiful cookies for about 10-15 minutes — you'll know when they're ready.
- Let cool for a few minutes then dig in with a Devils backbone beer — or almond milk or vegan eggnog or whatever suits your fancy.